Thank you for your interest in the 2017 Denny's Hungry For Education Scholarship and the Denny's Memorial Scholarship.
1. Click "Get Started".
2. Make a selection for either "High School Student" or "College Student"
3. Complete the application and provide either a 300 word (High School) or 500 word (College) essay about how you would end childhood hunger in your local community. Denny's Memorial Scholarship applicants must submit a 300-word essay (high school) and 500-word essay (college) on his or her own life story to apply for the scholarship.
4. For the Denny's Memorial Scholarship, you MUST select “Denny's Memorial Scholarship” in the drop-down labeled “Please choose scholarship program you are applying for.”
5. Submit your application.
- All applicants must be enrolled in an accredited educational institution (high school and college) in the United States or Puerto Rico.
- All applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of the United States.
- All applicants are only allowed to apply for ONE HFE Scholarship, and applying for more than one disqualifies the applicant.
- If an applicant under the age of 18 is selected as a potential HFE Scholarship recipient, in order to be confirmed as a winner, the student's parent or legal guardian must sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Assignment of Rights.
- Scholarship funds awarded to winners must be used for education such as tuition and related fees,
- Student must possess a minimum 2.5 GPA (high school and college). NOTE: Each partner organization may have additional requirements. However, GPA level varies.
- Students will need to provide a 300-word essay (high school) or 500-word essay (college) on how Denny’s can impact childhood hunger in their local communities. Note: Magic Johnson Foundation/Denny's Memorial Scholarship will have a different essay requirement.
- By submitting an application, you agree that what you send will be deemed non-confidential and you grant Denny's, Inc.. (along with the non-profit minority organization administrator) the right to use, copy, modify, edit, publish, transmit, and display your submission via any media, and that Denny's Inc. will be free to use your name, image, voice,city, state, essay and other identifying information, unless you specifically request in writing that we not do so. If applicant winner is under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian must sign.
- In addition before receipt of scholarship funds, winners must sign a scholarship release form which grants Denny’s Inc. (along with the non-profit minority organization administer) the right to use, copy, modify, edit, publish, transmit, and display your submission via any media, and that Denny's Inc. will be free to use your name and other identifying information, unless you specifically request in writing that we not do so. If applicant winner is under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian must sign.
- Applications will open beginning January 2, 2017 and will be awarded
throughout the year per organization.
If you are using this request submission system for the first time, please click on "Create new account." If you have already registered, enter your username and password and click Log in. If you have any questions, please Contact Us
. For questions regarding the scholarship program, please email email@example.com